A few years back, people were using traditional analogue TV for cable connections. These cable connections, though provided good quality picture, but failed in reaching remote areas. With advancement in technology, DTH services came over the traditional cable connection and proved itself in terms of quality, consistency, pricing and remote reach. When it comes to reliable & reputed direct to home services, then first name which comes to the mind is Tata Sky operator.
As everyone knows, it is a commercial enterprise which is undertaken jointly by two parties- Tata Sons and 21st Century Fox. Soon after its establishment, this DTH operator became India’s one of the reliable content distribution service provider of OTT and Pay TV services. The main business objective of this company is to connect the people to the screen and launch multiple services that helps them to do Tata sky recharge and will redefine their viewing experience.
DTH, direct-to-home, is explained as the reception of satellite programs directly to the home with a personal dish antenna. With DTH, there is no need of the local cable operator whereas in the traditional cable connection, only cable operators were allowed to receive the programs sent by satellite and distribute them to the individual people or home.
Tata Sky, currently, has spread its footprints across several towns with approximately 17 million connections. What boosted this DTH operator to grow like this in every nook and corner of India? Unmatched features exhibited by this direct-to-home service provider enabled it to achieve success:-
- Surety of great picture quality with no interference
- You can pay only for what you want to watch. Along with this, DTH subscribers can add any channel in their package with a low monthly charge.
- Availability of relocation service
- Excellent HD service with vivid colours and quality viewing
- Aspect ratio is of about 16:9 and 1080 i resolution.
- This DTH operator comes with a feature of ‘Showcase Movies’ for one year warranty.
- Along with aforementioned features, subscribers of DTH will also get the facility of active services like Active Vedic Maths, Active English, Active Cooking, video on demand, Active Music, Active Games and more.
- Facility of Dolby digital surround with sharper image quality.
With the launch of Tata Sky plus, ‘personal video recorder’ technology came into the existence. This option facilitates the subscribers of the DTH to record the content. It comes with a Wi-Fi dongle that makes the people to record the content of tablets and mobile phones that too without using the mobile internet data.
Tata Sky has become a viable option of direct to home services because of following reasons:-
- This DTH operator comes with unique attributes of Record, Pause and Rewind the Live TV
- Remote record facility that allows recording on the set top box even when no one is at home or near the set top box
- Anyone can download its mobile app to enjoy the experience of Live TV on smart phones.